Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

photo of boxes of booksNearly 40 years after I left Kabul, I published the story of how my family got there. I wrote the current version of our story in my spare time over a four-year period. Now I have the published book in hand (see picture). Now what? Oh, I remember - I have to convince people that the book is worth buying.

Before I do that though, I want to enjoy the moment and toast the end of 2009 with a cranberry vodka. So, on this first day…of a new year…in a new decade, I’m simply going to gloat that the book is written and at least this “to do” has come off of my bucket list. Happy New Year to anyone who happens to be listening.

Comments

Congrats on the printing of the book!

mp/m

Picture of Mike Maddaloni - @thehotiron Comment by Mike Maddaloni - @thehotiron
on 01/05/10 at 01:35 PM

Happy New Year, Diana, and congratulations on this incredible accomplishment!

on 01/17/10 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Mike and Lori!  Happy new year to you both.

on 01/25/10 at 05:38 PM

Hey I just got through with the pages, I should say Pretty nice plan done there.
montreal massage parlor

on 06/14/10 at 03:15 PM

I agree…the true accomplishment of writing the book gets clouded by the thought of getting it out there and making people read it.  I wrote a book as well and these thoughts already fill my head.  Congratulations on the book!

Picture of Tampa DUI Lawyer Comment by Tampa DUI Lawyer
on 12/27/10 at 12:15 PM

Congrats on your success and hopefully you keep it up. Even though we’re into 2011, I feel this decade is going to be a good one.

on 01/24/11 at 08:42 PM

I think that your book will be sell very well,trust yourself.

on 01/03/12 at 05:16 AM

You’re so cool! I don’t suppose Ive read anything like this before. So good to find any person with some original ideas on this subject. thanks for beginning this up. This website is something that’s needed on the web, somebody with somewhat originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!Hi
Thanks a lot for writing your thoughts. Being a blogger, I’m often trying to find fresh and different ways to look at a topic. I actually get good enthusiasm in doing so. Many thanks again
Birds Wallpapers